A random sample of Aurora Police Officers were surveyed about the next police chief.
Here are the preliminary results:
1. Do you approve of Kristen Ziman being appointed chief?
2. Do you consider Kristen Ziman competent, experienced and qualified to be a police leader of any kind, including commander?
3. Do you believe Kristen Ziman's gender, sexuality, political relationships and power seeking have been primary to her rise at the APD?
4. Is nepotism a problem at the APD?
5. Should the APD have a new chief from outside?
6. If the only option is an internal candidate, who should it be?
81% Paul Nelson
13% Kristen Ziman
6% Someone Else
7. Does Chris Tunney get away and benefit by being Kristen's sidekick?
8. Was Kristen's use of the term "uptick" for a 150% increase in shootings appropriate?
9. Should the next mayor promise to fire Kristen Ziman, keep her as chief or demote her?
10. Do you believe there is widespread corruption in Aurora, including with the construction of the $165 million police palace, by Mayor Tom Weisner?