Express Yourself: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Thank You to Our Viewers

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Second to None | Illinois Leads Nation in Population Exodus


Second to None - Illinois leads nation in population loss.

From the Madigan's ruining the state to the fiscal incompetence of the past decades from Chicago with Mayor Daley to Aurora with Mayor Weisner, taxpayers are fleeing the state.

For the first time, the annual loss of Illinois residents to outmigration exceeded 100,000 people, according to census data. About 105,200 more people left Illinois than arrived, according to census data released for the period between July 2014 and July 2015.

While an influx of 37,600 residents through international migration, and a natural population growth of 52,207 pared the Land of Lincoln’s total population loss to 22,194 people, Illinois still led all 50 states in population loss. At the same time, every other state in the Midwest showed a net population increase.

Census data from the previous 2013-2014 collection period also showed Illinois as the only Midwestern state to lose population, and was the first time since the 1980s that Illinois showed a net population loss, according to an analysis by the Center for Governmental Studies at Northern Illinois University.

Only four other states lost population, according to census data, but Illinois’ loss was almost five times that of the first runner-up of West Virginia, which lost 4,623 during the same period.

It's important to remember as less taxpayers exist to pay the bills accumulated, those who remain will pay even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing that could happen to this country is the fiscal death of Illinois. Absolute proof positive of what happens when you have liberal-Democrats-and-Republicans in charge.

Hopefully they will allow municipalities like Aurora to file for bankruptcy to shield the tax-payers form the pension and healthcare obligations that the corrupt unions gained by buying politicians. I would love to see Vaughn and Weisner(also gets state pension) unable to collect heir ill gotten gains.

When IL raised the income tax I relocated my business and primary residence to Indiana and slowly have been unloading my real estate holdings in IL. Now I am down to my old primary residence that I use weekends when I visit my mother. When she passes (91 years of age) I will sell and be done with Aurora and IL.

My children all live an work in Indiana. Between the me, my spouse, my children and their spouses, out total income is a bit over 1 million per year. That is 1 million that is not in IL economy nor are we paying income taxes to IL anymore, nor property taxes and sales taxes.

What is amusing is about 1 out 5 of my neighbors in IN are ex-IL residents. We live in a 91% white community, with 7% Mexican and half-a-percent black. Totally awesome.

IL and Aurora are shit holes that inflicted the damage on themselves. It is fun to watch them crumble. I love visiting mom and hearing old friends bitch about things, makes me so glad I left. I hear you have both Irvin and Chapa-Lavia running for mayor. LOL!!!! That says it all.

Ted

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with the above. The sooner Aurora and Illinois implode the faster the next generation can try to rebuild.